Sons Of The Forest - Maintenance Keycard Location And Guide
Obtain the Maintenance Keycard in Sons of the Forest.
Sons of the Forest has several secret underground facilities for you to discover. To reach them, however, you're going to need an important item. Here's our guide to help you get the Maintenance Keycard in Sons of the Forest. With it, you'll unlock other facilities on the island.
Sons of the Forest Maintenance Keycard requirements
You might be thinking of grabbing the Sons of the Forest Maintenance Keycard in a short span of time. Unfortunately, you can't do that right from the get-go. Apart from deadly cannibals and mutants, you still need to acquire important tools.
We've listed these items below. Bring up your GPS Tracker by pressing the "M" key. Regardless of how the map rotates depending on your character's orientation, let's just pretend that the mountains are to the north.
- Rope Gun or Zipline Gun - From the center of the mountain range, you should see a river that leads directly to the coastline. The cave is slightly south of that, close to a pile of skulls that has the Stun Baton. Anyway, once you have the Rope Gun, you'll be able to cross gaps via Ziplines.
- Rebreather - This is found in the only cave along the beaches. It will let you dive underwater to reach other passageways.
- Shovel - Once you've got both, it's time to get the Shovel. This cave is fairly close to the mountains, though it's crawling with mutants. The Shovel is at the very end of the tunnel system.
Finding Maintenance Tunnel A
Now that you have the Shovel, it's time to look for the Sons of the Forest Maintenance Keycard. Remember the cave that had the Shovel? Well, all you need to do is head to the green marker that's west of that (assuming the mountains are to the north when you're looking at your map).
When you get there, you'll see a blue golf cart, as well as a patch of soil that can be unearthed. Dig with the Shovel, open the hatch, and climb down the ladder. Inside, you'll see a small office room to your right. You can pick up several items here:
- Laser Sight attachment for your Pistol or Shotgun - On the desk to your left once you enter the room. for your Pistol and Shotgun.
- Music Record - To your right next to a record player.
- Maintenance Keycard - Next to another 3D Printer.
- Tuxedo - Inside the bathroom. Just watch out for the little "Tiyanak" baby mutants that will spawn when you attempt to leave the area.
In any case, the Sons of the Forest Maintenance Keycard will allow you to unlock doors in other facilities, where you might find goodies like weapons and attachments. As for the next step of your journey, you'll have to look for the VIP Keycard, followed by the Guest Keycard.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation